WHAT BEING A CAT MOM HAS TAUGHT ME SO FAR
If you follow me on snapchat or Instagram you know by know that I have 2 little boys that I got back in september last year.
Now, I’ve had cats my whole life when I lived at home but I always had my parents and sister around to help feed them and entertain them, my dad bought their food and they were outside most of the time so I never really noticed any downside to having them.
But these 2? Shit, I never knew what it was like to have indoors cats, especially hyper kittens, and to be all alone to do everything and not be able to just throw them outside at night if they wanted to be annoying? Let’s just say I’ve learned a few things haha! 😂😂
- There’s no such thing as privacy. Shower in peace? nah, forget it 😺
- If they fit, they sit. I keep finding these two weirdos in the weirdest places. On top of my kitchen cabinets, in boxes from PR packages, in my bathroom sink, behind my vanity mirror – anywhere they can squeeze themselves in, they’ll chill.
- There’s no such things as a plants anymore. They managed to kill all my plants within a week and my sister looses a few whenever they visit her upstairs as well.
- Fake flowers apparently taste good and they love to steal them from my vases whenever I turn away from them.
- Cat proofing a house takes longer than baby proofing. I have a whole nightly routine I go through before bed to ensure they can’t tip over candles, vases, cups, skincare etc during the night. I also have to put pillows up against all closet door to prevent the cat from clawing his way in there.
- Pillows doesn’t work anymore. He kept me up for 2 hours clawing at the closet last night… Not gonna lie, I almost killed him for that 🙄
- No matter how much you hate them,they’re just so cute you can’t stay mad at them.
- They can break a lot more stuff than you probably think. We’re up to 2 of my favorite vases, 5 candles, 1 tall floor mirror and 2 makeup brushes so far.
- They poop so much. Like how is it possible for such small creatures to fill a letterbox in no time – HOW!? 😂😂😂
- Hairties are apparently the most fun out of all the things they have to play with.
- Cats can play fetch. At least mine can and it’s his favorite thing to do – is that normal?
- They LOVE their mama! Thank god haha! They always wanna be around me 😻